Nonna Elda’s Pasta al Basilico is ready in 15 minutes, and is the fastest kind of tomato based pasta that you can make. She often makes this in the summer time with fresh pachino tomatoes from her garden, and it’s sweet and delicious and tastes like summertime! You can however make it all year around, it’s so quick and delicious. If pachino tomatoes aren’t available you can make it with romano tomatoes.
One thing you absolutely do need is fresh basil! It’s Pasta al Basilico after all! So make sure you have a great big handful of it. Nonna grows it inside all year long.
This is different from a marinara or a meat sauce, it’s less soupy, and it’s very fresh. If you are looking for Nonna’s marinara sauce, which she uses as a base for many of her other dishes like cauliflower pasta, veal parmigiana, lasagne, etc, you can find it in her first cook book, which you can order here.
Download Nonna Elda’s Pasta al Basilico PDF recipe below free!
If you appreciate this recipe or any of our free recipe cards available here on this website we do accept tips!
Did you enjoy our recipe pdf? If so you can send us a tip! We appreciate any and all support of our channels! Grazie Mille!
Nonna Elda’s Pasta al Basilico
servings: 2 prepping time: 5 min cooking time: 10 min
- 3 Romano tomatoes (or a handful of Pachino tomatoes if available)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- A spoonful of parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, chili flakes to taste
- Big handful of fresh basil
- Cut up tomatoes (remove skin if you prefer.)
- Fry a few cloves of garlic in olive oil, remove from heat, add tomatoes
- Cook spaghetti in salted water
- Add a couple of ladles of the pasta water to the tomatoes and fry
- Add salt, pepper, chili, and basil to tomatoes
- When the spaghetti is al dente add directly to the tomatoes and fry
- Add a couple ladles of pasta water
- Top with cheese and a dash of olive oil and serve
Leave a Reply